Monday, May 20, 2013

May 20, 2013-5+ Q and A's


Hola!
1. What languages have you experienced so far? This mission is CRAZY! There are seriously so many people here! We go tracting, and literally yesterday we were laughing that every door we opened had someone from a different country. Russia, India, Cambodia, Marshall Islands, Greece, Turkey, Iran, Mexico, Ghana, you name it, they've got it.
2. Did you find any strange fungi growing in your apartment when you cleaned?(DAD)
Our apartment had LOTS of fun things growing. I honestly don't know how long it had been since they cleaned, and I kind of sabotaged our shower curtain (on accident) because it was so gross. I don't know why I'm such a germaphobe, I should probably get over that soon...
3. Did you get a chance to shop for shoes yet? No, we aren't allowed "culture days" here in the Seattle mission...meaning we can't sight see or do anything of the sort on p days. So....mom, my one set of oxfords completely ripped, I still wear them, but my heel and toe are poking out (all part of the experience, right)...but if you could go maybe to Forever Young and find me a pair of new oxfords or send me the other pair of brown ones, that would be awesome.
4. Did you get the package that I sent?  Look for it today or in the next few days! I haven't gotten ANY snail mail yet. It's way sad, I don't know how it works as far as going through the mission home, but hopefully in the next couple days.
5.How does it work to ask someone to be baptized on your first visit before they even have all the information etc.???
We commit them when we meet them. So yesterday I committed someone for June 22, that way they have time to come to church 3 times, and then take lessons and progress. It's crazy how it all works!
6. How big is your area right now and did you get the air fixed on your car? Do you drive or your companion?  Do you feel settled?Are you living out of your suitcase until your VISA comes?
We got our air conditioning fixed today. turns out nothing was wrong, they just had to adjust the controls. My companion drives... no. I'm still living out of my suitcase, and honestly have no idea when my visa will come. Sometimes I wonder if I'll be here forever, but Jaden got her visa last week on tuesday, and on thursday was on a plane and is now in Peru...so who knows>??

No comments:

Post a Comment