Tuesday, December 3, 2013

December 2, 2013 - Photos from San Juan

Hermana Flores

Windy day!!

SOFIA!


THE ZOO!

Eating sandwiches on the side of the road while awaiting a collectivo. normal. 

My invention... to get the hot water to the laundry faster than cup-by-cup... coke bottle makeshift...I was super proud. Now everyone uses it.

SAN JUAN ZOO! (it was more like a glorified farm....but, you know Zoos are my favorite!)  
The heavens in San Juan are my favorite! 

Mauricio!! He made us lunch on Sunday (they saw the lunch calendar being passed around last week, and felt really jipped that they didn´t get to feed us. haha.) He made THE most amazing ¨Pollo del dico¨ using the disk from a tractor on his farm! Way legit and SUPER yum! 

It´s official. ¨Pure Blonde¨Shampoo 

Cute companions at the aquarium...


Familia Sesma!!! Viviana, Mauricio, Lourdes, Felipe, and Sofia. And their cute grandma! 

Happy Thanksgiving. I´m SO THANKFUL FOR ALL OF YOU!!!
Thanks for my ONLY semblance of a turkey for thanksgiving!!!


1.Are you telling of your TG day later in a letter or should I ask questions? 
YOU are ALL beautiful!!!
I thought of you lots on Thanksgiving!! And DID NOT eat turkey. But, así es la misión :)haha there literally is nothing to tell. . . . we didn´t do anything.....
2.When are transfers and does that mean you are staying again? They´re on wednesday. Yeah, hna flores and I stay here in San Juan!!!!
3.Are you happy about the work in San Juan? Yeah. I´m excited! We have so much to do here. The miracles are just starting! Our hard work is starting to pay off, and I´m learning to love the members so much. It´s been really hard, and a long-time coming. But it´ll be good. It´s kind of hard for me to stay in one place for so long. I like the change. But there is some reason for me being here, and I´m going to keep working till I find it! 

I was going to ask you...
This week I´ve learned a lot about the importance of being sincere with people....
In the beginning of my mission I feel like it was easier, or well, I was better at it. 
THis might not even make sense...
But I feel like it´s something I´ve always struggled with. You´re my perfect example of ¨having it together¨.... and all my life I´ve been told that I am that way too. but i´m not. How do you find a good balance between ¨Showing people you´re sincere and real, but not being completely pathetic and seem like you´re helpless? it´s like people don´t want you to be strong and independent, but they don´t want you to be helpless either.... sorrythat probalby makes no sense...
How do you help people to know you´re strong, put together and dependable, but also human, loving and sincere? 
LOVE YOU!!!!
In a world where you can be anything..BE YOURSELF!
People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered.
Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives.
Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies.  
Succeed anyway.
If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you.
Be honest and sincere anyway.
What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight.
Create anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous.
Be happy anyway.
The good you do today, will often be forgotten.
Do good anyway.
Give the best you have, and it will never be enough.
Give your best anyway.
In the final analysis, it is between you and God.
It was never between you and them anyway.
-this version is credited to Mother Teresa
 Courtney, remember to be patient with others...and yourself.  You know I love all of these lines from Mother Teresa.  I also love the phrase; When people seem the least lovable is when they need the most love.(I use this daily in my head and often times out loud....not going to mention any names, but...)  I just have to constantly try to see life from the persons view that is out of sorts and try to figure out the reasons, not to excuse just give reason...exhausting you may say, yes, however, rewarding as well.  
To the matter of not feeling like you can be human, I get it, I know.  We have talked several times over the years on this topic and I want you now more than ever to understand that although you may not get what you think you need from the people around you, you can always turn to your Heavenly Father and Christ for the reassurance that you are a good person that you are trying your hardest and that you have flaws and will continue to work on them as your purpose here on earth.  They are the 2 people that although perfect themselves, understand our lack as well as our desire to become such.
There is also a lot to be said for the "honeymoon phase" of any relationship.  When everyone is putting their best foot forward and you are too.  Many of the small annoyances that are always there within a person are just not seen at this time.  The true test to be sincere begins long after this time is gone and everyone is comfortable enough to let down their guarded nature and be well...annoying and real.  This is the true test of not judging and also the time that satan can place doubts about others and especially self to destroy those feeling of admiration and love that was once a part of the relationship. Do not let him win.  YOU are stronger and you are okay to be real. Between you and God is your true worth known.  People are struggling at different times and different levels.  I love you with all of my heart and I know that this is a difficult and often lonely issue.  Hold tight and chin up.  Pray always and HOPE eternal.
Love, Your earthy mom, who gets you and loves you and BELIEVES in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment