Monday, January 6, 2014

January 6, 2014 - Para Mis ¨Buenos Padres¨‏

Hello, my dears!
So, justo, I finished reading the Book of Mormon on December 31, which meant, Starting again with the New Year! 
My first session of studying, I only got through the first coupled verses of 1 Nefi 1.
I always love how the entire Book of Mormon starts with: ¨I, Nephi, having been born of goodly parents...¨
What an incredibly profound and important statement. 
In my patriarchal blessing, it says: ¨Courtney, you have come to earth and been born into a good home. You have good parents and worthy ancestors...You were excited to be part of this family relationship.¨
Amen. Not that I have to rely on my patriarchal blessing to know that I, like Nephi, can say: ¨I, Courtney, having been born of goodly parents, therefore I was taught somewhat in all the learning of my father (and mother); and having seen many afflictions in the course of my days, nevertheless, having been highly favored of the Lord in all my days; yea, having had a great knowledge of the goodness and the mysteries of God, therefore I make a record of my proceedings in my days.¨
I, too, am so grateful for the family that my Heavenly Father has given me. I KNOW that I have goodly parents. And I´m grateful that throughout my life they have ¨instructed¨me throughout their own life experience, learned wisdom, and most importantly, the principles of the gospel.
We´ve had our fair share of trials and afflictions. But along with that, the Lord has always shown that he is mindful of us. And I can honestly say that I´ve felt ¨favored¨of him as he´s lifted our burdens, comforted our hearts, and strengthened (and continues to strengthen) the love and unity that exists in our family.
Throughout my life, and especially now, I´ve gained a greater knowledge and understanding of His amazing goodness and of his plan for us. And of his mysterious ways of showing his love and his power in the lives of ALL of his children. 
I´ve been around the world, and I´ve seen the ¨workings¨of many different families, both within the church and without. And I still feel like I can say, without any doubt, and with a lot of ¨righteous pride¨, that you´re pretty darn close to perfect.

I want you all (brothers and sister, too). To know how much I love you and appreciate you. Every day so much more.
XOXO Your Hermana C

No comments:

Post a Comment