Sunday, June 15, 2014

June 15, 2014 - Father's Day email Dad to Coco and back

Hi papi!
please know that yesterday I celebrated you wishing I could be there to hug you and tell you how much I love you and appreciate all you are for me! 
Thank you for being mine. For the way I can feel and always have a surety of your love, support, and that you always have and will have my best interests at heart.
I love you so much, and look forward to being able to see you, hug you, and share all of these adventures with you one day... in the not too distant future.
xoxox Your Hermana C


On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 2:33 AM, Gayle Cox <jandgcox@msn.com> wrote:
Dear Coco,

As I celebrate Father's Day, I cannot help but tear up with the gratitude and love I have for you, my first child and sweet little girl.  You are very special to me and have always held a special place in my heart.  I found this poem which captures some of the emotions and deeply profound love I have for you:

I Am Yours To Keep

You are a princess in my heart,
and I care for you so much.
I love the fondness in you eyes and your tender little touch.

I looked at you when you were born,
and knew then straight away,
that I would be forever here
to watch you grow and play.

You bring to me a heart of joy,
and memories so great,
and a powerful sense of fatherhood that no one can debate.

I watch you sleep and dream of things that I can only wonder.
That innocent look upon your face just makes my heart grow fonder.

I see you run and jump and shout and calling out my name.
No love that I have ever known could ever feel the same.
No suffering or tragedy nor deeply seated pain
could ever over shadow the bond that we retain.

And so my little princess before you go to sleep,
Remember I am your daddy and I am yours to keep.

I hope you will always know how deeply and sincerely I love and cherish you.  You gripped my heart the very first time you gripped my finger with your tiny little hand the day you were born, and that same bond has only grown stronger and stronger over the years.

I am so torn when I hear of your challenges and struggles -- wishing I could be there to protect and defend you -- but, I am so proud of you for the stalwart and determined young lady that you are.  I am also very humbled and honored with your dedication and service to our Heavenly Father.  And, I commend you into His protection and blessing as you serve and show your love for Him and for His children in your missionary work.

With all my love, hugs and kisses,

Your Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment