Friday, March 21, 2014

Monday March 10, 2014 - Hi from RY

Hey Co, 
Everyone else got their Christmas time letters a month or so ago, but mine came in the mail about a week ago, haha I thought you just neglected me and forgot to write, but we're good. ;) I thought a lot about what you said, "I challenge you to choose one of these attributes and work on it." I decided to work on one that I struggle with, a lot. Patience. I have always been a little, ok a lot jumpy and energetic, and I don't think that is a bad thing I just need to focus on the right time to be patient and quiet. This was really hard for me, especially when sometimes being patient leads to being late, like to church this morning. In school I tried to breath deep and just take things as they came. This week went by really slow for me and it was difficult, but using my patience that I knew I had (no matter how deep down) helped me to overcome the week and make it to the weekend. 
In my personal scripture study this week I found an amazing one. I've been reading in the Old Testament a lot lately, it's Isaiah 50:11, it reads "Behold, all ye that kindle a fire, that compass yourselves about with sparks: walk in the light of your fire, and in the sparks that ye have kindled. This shall ye have of mine hand; ye shall lie down in sorrow." I really like this one, after the : it says "walk in the light of your fire, and in the sparks that ye have kindled." I think it goes hand in hand with Matthew 5:16 "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your father which is in heaven." and also D&C 115:5 "Arise and shine forth, that thy light may be a standard for all the nations." all three of these scriptures are saying, don't hide your greatness, yes still be humble about it, but if you don't let your light shine, no one will ever be able to follow the light that we have, our potential is enormous, and if we learn how to use it, we can become like the greatest example of all time, The Savior Jesus Christ. 
I have a testimony of personal scripture study, it has helped me a bunch, there are things that I swear change in the scriptures to meet what I need to hear right then, I will read something, then read it again and get a completely different feeling and knowledge. I love you big sister, keep up the good work down there, love everyone, and don't get lazy. 
Love, Ryan 

I¨m so sorry that your letter got lost for a quick  moment!! But i´m so happy it finally made it there!!  
I love you, little brother. I'm always amazed at the depth of understanding you have, and the way you really take things to heart, and put them in practice. You are such a great  example to me.
I love those scriptures in Isaiah, we always talk about ¨fire¨here in the mission field. how  important it is to always keep that fire burning in your heart and your belly to work and work hard, all the way to the end.
I love you lots.   Thank you for being you,,  and for always helping to keep me going and motivated. I hope that all is well with you, and that you´ll give mom,dad, Davis, Ben and em mi big hugs for m e. you are all in my prayers.
xoxoxYour HermanaC

No comments:

Post a Comment