Friday, September 13, 2013

September 9, 2013 - I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go!

Hola Hermosos! 
This week, as with all of the others, has been full of surprises. I'm learning very quickly what NOT to expect. I´m getting transferred to a new area! I´m getting really good at living out of my suitcase! The rest of the girls are staying in Tunuyan, but I´m off the the heat! Just what I asked for! San Juan here I come! 
This week was a blur, honestly. Time is flying so fast! I´ve learned a lot this week about expecting the unexpected, and how working hard and enduring well really do bring miracles. And there are all sorts of tender mercies in day to day things. Even when you´re too stubborn to see them. me. 
We worked hard this week with a lot of our progressing investigators, and had another great turn out at church! We even started a choir. (yes, I´m singing, and actually, Hermana Keller has been making me practice piano too! Just in case) Enrique didn't end up getting baptized this past weekend. which was a bummer. BUT he is ready for this Saturday, and we're working with Estela! I'm sad that I won't get to stay for that, but seeing the changes they've made the last few weeks have been some of the greatest experiences of my mission!!
That's the hardest thing for me about getting transferred. 6 weeks just isn't enough time to really see the seeds grow, and the relationships that are forming have to come to a halt for a moment. But I'm really glad that Hermana Keller gets to stay in the area, and continue working with the amazing people here. 
I´m in Alma 26 in my reading again, and I just love to see the ´missionary journey´that we go through. The ups and downs, working hard and getting ´laughed to scorn´, knowing that the area you are working in needs a lot of work, but then seeing mighty miracles in just a few short weeks.
The Lord has a way of making things come together that never ceases to amaze me. Even in the weeks where it seems like nothing will ever change, that you're exhausted without having done any good. Alma 26:31: ´Now, behold, we can look forth and see the fruits of our labors, and are they few? I say unto you, Nay, they are many, yea, and we can witness of their sincerity, because of their love towards their brethren and also towards us.´ I love these people. I have seen so many of them completely change their lives as they come to a knowledge of the gospel and what the Lord wants for them. This life is not easy, but the gospel makes it easier. God is our loving Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ is our older brother, and Savior. Alma 26:35: We have ´great reason to rejoice´!

Sorry, this is short, the ciber is struggling today. And I have to go pack for tomorrow!

I love you all so much! 
Until next week. 
xoxo Your Hermana C

ps. I learned how to say zurburt in Castellano. Fun fact. ´sobarle la panza´. have fun with that ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment