Tuesday, May 20, 2014

May 5, 2014 - "Then Sings My Soul"

First of all. I have to tell you all that i FINALLY got a package!!! Christmas in May, anyone?? It was part one of the Christmas package, but it had the majority of the letters in it. I was so overwhelmed as i unfolded letter after letter, pictures, snowflakes, poems and stories from the littles. I think I appreciated it even MORE due to the fact that it was 5 months late. I love you all so much, and I´m so grateful for the outpouring of love that I felt! 

This week was crazy fast. we started our with consejos and several meetings. and then, to top it all off, Thursday- Sunday was feriado. Which means all the business are closed, and no one works...aka there´s NO ONE in the streets! 
We have really been trying to refocus our efforts on the most important lately. Meaning, reevaluating what has helped us to be the most productive. Which just made the stand-still start of this week even that much more frustrating. But, we continue working.
These past few weeks, we´ve  really been focusing on working WITH the members. This barrio has so much potential, and they honestly have those desires to share the gospel.. .sometimes they just lack the know-how. So we refocused on them, 

And... to top off the week, honestly Sunday was one of those ¨It all came together¨days. 

*Camila and Sofía CAME TO CHURCH!! Their parents gave them the okay, more than the okay, they encouraged it. They absolutely LOVED young women´s and primary. They impressed everyone with their knowledge and their eagerness to talk about ¨When they get baptized and are members¨. 
*Jorge received the priesthood!! It was a really emotional moment. 
*Fernando is the best friend of Jorge. Jorge shared his experieces with him, and Fernando started reading the Book of Mormon and the folletos... and wants to be baptized... by Jorge. We´ve been meeting with him a few times a week, and he honestly is super great and will be antoher huge strength to the ward.
*Gisel, the girlfriend of one of the young men in the ward came to church, and is excited for when she turns 18 next month and can be baptized! 
*All in all we had 6 of our investigadores at church. 4 member familes came up and asked us to have family nights this next week because they have families that already have Libro de Mormón and want to learn.
*After sacrament meeting, a member couple from Chile walked in, and then told us ¨We have a golden investigadora for you!¨They introduced us to their friend that lives here in Dorrego. She then hugged us and told us she´s been reading, prayed, and felt the strangest ¨Heat and peace pressuring her heart¨telling her she needed to act and let them introduce her to the missionaries. We have a lesson with her this week. 

As i was sitting there in fast and testimony meeting, Camila and Sofía on one side, and Jorge on the other, I was just so filled with gratitude to my Heavenly Father for giving me this opportunity. I have learned so much in my time here, and these people, with their lives, their trials, but more so their faith and raw desires to know and serve the Lord have taught me more than I could ever hope to teach them. As I look back on each week, and more as I pray each night and thank my Padre Celestial for everything that he has blessed me with, the list gets longer and longer as time goes on. This work blesses lives. It opens doors, softens hearts, heals wounds, enlightens minds and increases our understanding and vision of what this life is all about. As I listened to the simple yet profound testimonies of the primary littles, once again I was so humbled by their words. ¨Jesus lives¨ ¨Heavenly Father loves me.¨ ¨The Book of Mormon is the word of God.¨ ¨My family can be forever.¨ It´s these simple statements, heartfelt convictions, and their sincere faith that help me to realize that the Lord is in EVERY detail. That his plan is perfect. and that even the ¨small and simple things¨ have unmeasurable eternal consequences.

I love you all so much. Thanks for all you do and are for me.
xoxoxo Your Hermana C

No comments:

Post a Comment